We hope you like your little gift and enjoy watching your Sunflowers grow.
Here you can find top tips on how to plant your Sunflower seeds…
Sunflowers prefer to grow in well-drained soil and bask all day in the warm sun.
When to plant your seeds:
The best time to plant your seeds is after the chance of a spring frost has passed, this is usually between mid-April and the end of May.
Whilst April – May is the ideal time to plant your seeds, Sunflowers will still grow if planted in the early summer months – you will just need to wait a little longer to watch them grow into gorgeous giants.
When can I expect my seeds to flower?
You can expect to start seeing flowers in August!
What you will need:
- Your Sunflower seeds
- Gardening gloves
- A rake
- A trowel
- Plastic bottles
How to grow your Sunflowers:
1. Find a sunny spot in your garden where you wish for your Sunflowers to grow, be sure to remove weeds from this area with your trowel!
2. Next, you should rake the soil until it is a fine, crumbly texture
3. Plant each seed a couple of centimetres deep, and if planting multiple seeds, leave 10cm to 45cm between each one to allow for plenty of growing space
4. Once the seeds are in the soil, gently cover them over and water them
5. Cut the top off a plastic bottle and place over your seedlings to protect them from snails and slugs
6. To support growing Sunflowers, gently secure a cane to your Sunflower using some string - this will provide some stability
Watch your Sunflowers grow taller and taller!
Tag us in your pictures using @bunchesuk!