In the winter months, it is particularly important to give these beautiful birds a helping hand.
With food sources scarce, putting out a regular helping of bird seed will encourage your feathered friends to return to your garden throughout the festive season and beyond.
Our wild bird seed mix contains a selection of sunflower seeds, cereal, rapeseed oil and more, combined to provide a nutritious source of energy.
We hope you enjoy this addition to your gift and the birds do too!
Keep reading to discover how you can create your own festive bird feeder…
You will need:
- Your bird seed mix (approx. 90g)
- 60g of lard
- A flower-shaped cutter (or a shape of your choice!)
- A paper straw
- A short length of ribbon
1. Gently heat the lard until it has melted.
2. Stir in your bird seed mix until it is thoroughly coated.
3. Leave your mix to cool until the lard starts to whiten, this takes around 30-40 minutes - your mix should be stiff but not set.
4. Place your cutter onto a plate and fill with your mix.
5. Flatten with teaspoon to make sure it is compressed and the shape is filled edge to edge.
6. Use your straw to make a hole in the middle of your shape.
7. Place your plate in the fridge to set for a few hours.
8. Once your feeder has set, simply remove from your fridge and gently push the feeder out of the cutter.
9. Tie ribbon through the hole you created with the straw and hang from a branch in your garden for the birds to enjoy.
Be sure to tag us in your photos using @bunchesuk or #bunchesuk!