Welcome To The Bunches Blog!
So much is happening here at Bunches from one day to the next and now you can read all about it in our blog. Updated regularly, read on for funny anecdotes, stories about working amongst the wonderful world of flowers and plants and see photos of us all behind the scenes and more...
Posts for April 2012
Posted By Jen on Thursday 5th April 2012 15:56
Easter is almost here and everyone at Bunches HQ is looking forward to the long weekend!
The office is rarely without a few sweet treats and this week has been no exception, with every member of staff given a gorgeous iced chocolate egg. We're doing our best to resist tucking in before Sunday - Happy Easter!
Spring Colour at Keukenhof
Posted By Aga on Monday 16th April 2012 14:43
Last week our Floral Designer Aga visited Holland's spectacular seasonal floral display at Keukenhof Gardens...
I fell in love with the spring at Keukenhof Gardens last Friday. A place in the Netherlands that, without exaggeration is paradise on earth - It is the place to truly see spring blossom!
The park is world famous and has been one of the most popular destinations in the Netherlands for sixty three years now. Every spring, hundreds of people stroll around the gardens to enjoy millions of flowers, thousands of trees and bushes in blossom, as well as countless emerald ponds, streams and canals.
Over 7 million Tulips, Daffodils and Hyacinths are in full bloom and you really do experience spring in all its glory. I've returned with lots of inspiration and ideas for floral designs, so watch this space for exciting new Bunches bouquets!
Posted By Jen on Wednesday 18th April 2012 10:41
Crafty customer Susanna Crowther recently got in touch with a photo of a lovely decoupage chair - decorated with old Bunches brochures! She carefully cut out the floral images and varnished them on to create a wonderful and unique piece of furniture. Thanks Susanna!
If you have used your old Bunches brochures in an unusual way, please let us know! Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Marathon Effort!
Posted By Jen on Tuesday 24th April 2012 12:49
Following 6 months of training and anticipation, the day of the London Marathon finally arrived on Sunday. After a very nerve wracking start, I slowly began to relax, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy London's most famous landmarks in the glorious sunshine.
I completed the 26.2 mile course in 4 hours 56 minutes and was very proud to receive my medal at the finish line on The Mall. The highlights of my day included the adrenaline rush running over Tower Bridge and the incredible crowd support as I passed Big Ben at mile 25.
We have raised over £2,200 to build latrines in the village of Kande, Malawi where I visited last year with Bunches and the charity Links International. A huge thank you to everyone who supported and sponsored me - all the pain and hard work was worth it!
Posted By Jen on Friday 27th April 2012 17:03
Aga is our Floral Designer and has been part of the Bunches team for 5 years. She grew up in the village of Zdziechowice, Poland and has 2 children. We thought we would get to know her a little better...
What does your job involve?
- My job is really varied...I design Bunches bouquets and ensure our customers receive a lovely gift by sourcing long lasting floral varieties and quality checking our blooms. I also visit suppliers; work on product photo shoots and train staff to ensure everyone knows about our latest seasonal ranges.
Where do you get your inspiration for creating bouquets?
- Everywhere! When I'm shopping, from magazines, clothes, visits to Holland, flower shows and galleries.
What's the best thing about working at Bunches?
- Working with flowers every day and with such lovely people - Bunches is my second home!
Describe yourself in 3 words
- Creative, helpful & feisty!
What is your favourite flower?
- I can't narrow it down to just one, but three of my favourites are Spray Carnations as they are so long lasting, Calla Lilies for their elegance and Freesias because of their beautiful scent.
What 3 celebrities (dead or alive) would you invite round for a dinner party?
- Lady Diana, Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Lopez.
What is your favourite holiday destination & why?
- It's a close call between Holland because of the flowers and Ireland because of the beautiful countryside and friendly people.
Describe your perfect weekend
- A drive in a Formula 1 car followed by dinner with my friends and Jenson Button.